A good skincare routine will include exfoliation at least once or twice a week. By exfoliating your body, you will leave your skin smooth and healthy. While there are various exfoliation scrubs in the stores, you can opt to go all organic. We are going to look at the importance of exfoliating your skin. We will also look at 6 home-made exfoliating scrubs you can use.
Why do you need to exfoliate?
Before we discuss the best home-made scrubs you can use for exfoliation, we must understand why we need to do so.
TO IMPROVE SKIN TEXTURE
As we age, our skin slows down in terms of skin cells regeneration. This means that your skin may fail to regenerate new cells. Your skin may also fail to shed the dead cells. This may leave you with rough skin due to dead skin pile up.
However, when you exfoliate regularly, you are going to improve your texture.
REMOVES DEAD SKIN CELLS THAT CLOG YOUR PORES
When dead skin cells build up in your skin, they clog your pores. this is especially important for people with oily skin. As a result, your skin may not allow moisturising products to work. When you exfoliate your skin properly, your skin becomes soft and smooth.
6 Home-made Exfoliating Scrubs
As we have indicated above, you must exfoliate properly for healthy skin. Let us discuss the best and easy to prepare exfoliation scrubs you can use;
CHOCOLATE SUGAR FACE SCRUB
Sugar is an excellent skin exfoliator. When you use it with chocolate, you have got yourself a calorie-free scrub. The mixture will leave your skin feeling soft and smooth.
Note that this scrub is purely made of natural ingredients. This is how to prepare this scrub;
- Put 1 1/4 cup of sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add 3 spoonfuls of cocoa powder into the bowl and stir to mix.
- Apply on your face and let it stay for a few minutes. Wash your face to remove the scrub.
HONEY AND OATMEAL SCRUB
These ingredients have amazing exfoliating qualities. Oatmeal is a great antioxidant and contains anti-inflammatory properties. In combination with honey, this exfoliating scrub will ease itching and any other skin irritation. Oatmeal is also a great moisturiser for people with dry skin.
Honey, on the other hand, is an antibiotic. It will heal broken skin, sooth and leave you with clear skin.
This is how you prepare honey and oatmeal facial scrub;
- Use 2 spoonfuls of grounded oats and pour it in a small bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey into the bowl and stir to mix.
- Add a spoonful of water and mix thoroughly to make a paste.
- Apply the mixture on your face and leave it for about 5 minutes. Then rinse the paste off your face with water.
TOMATO SUGAR SCRUB
As we have mentioned above, sugar is a great exfoliant. On the other hand, tomatoes are great antioxidants. This makes a perfect combination when you are looking to exfoliate organically. To make this facial scrub, use the following steps;
- Cut the top of the tomato off and put granulated sugar in a bowl.
- Spread the sugar on the bowl and put the cut top of the tomato on the sugar.
- To get an even coating of sugar, press the tomato and twist it before you gently rub it on your face in a circular motion.
- Moisturise your skin after washing off the scrub.
LEMON AND SUGAR SCRUB
This is probably the easiest face scrub to make at home. Well, all you need are two ingredients; sugar and lemon. This exfoliant works well for people with acne breakout. Lemon will tighten the skin pores and works to give you an even skin tone. On the other hand, sugar will help remove dead cells.
You can easily prepare this following these steps;
- Pour a tablespoon of olive oil into a bowl and add organic honey in the oil.
- Squeeze some lemon juice, about 1/2 lemon and add granulated sugar into the mixture.
- Stir to mix and gently rub in on your skin in a circular motion for a minute. Let it stay for a few more minutes before you wash your face to rinse.
The lemon and sugar exfoliating scrub can be used for both your body and face.
COFFEE FACE SCRUB
Looking for glowing skin? The coffee scrub mask is going to give exactly what you are looking for. Coffee contains anti-oxidant properties and thus protects our skin. It protects the skin from free radical that lead to damaged and ages skin.
To prepare a coffee face scrub, follow the following steps;
- Mix a tablespoon of freshly ground coffee with a tablespoon of sugar.
- Add half a cup of coconut oil in the mixture.
- Mix the ingredients well before you apply it on your face.
- Leave the paste on your face for a few minutes and then rinse it off your face using water.
COCONUT OIL AND SUGAR SCRUB
The two ingredients face scrub is quite simple to make but also effective. You only need the coconut oil and sugar to prepare this facial scrub.
To prepare, use the following steps;
- Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a small bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of sugar and stir to mix.
- Apply the mixture on your face gently for 60 seconds and rinse using water.
While exfoliating your face is necessary for healthy skin, overdoing it will only cause you pain. It may lead to skin dehydration and inflamed skin. Most do not know how often they should exfoliate. Do not do it more than thrice a week.
In conclusion, we need to exfoliate our skin to get rid of the free radicals that may damage our skin. These radicals may also lead aged skin and wrinkles. The above-discussed home-made exfoliating scrubs are going to help you keep a smooth skin. Ensure that you follow the steps as indicated for successful results.
The best skincare routine for all skin types must include exfoliation sessions. I hope you manage to get your desired skin texture using your preferred home-made exfoliating scrub.
For all other articles and skincare advice please visit -Â http://box5852.temp.domains/~clearsr4